Thursday, May 17, 2012

This little garden of ours

This is our little garden.  We have two raised beds that the Mr built.  I think they measure something like 4'x8'.

Bed 1:
Homested Tomatoes                     Roma Tomatoes

Garden Salsa Hot Peppers           Jalapenos  

Bonnie Bell Green Peppers         Big Bertha Green Peppers

Fajita Bell Peppers                      Yellow Bell Peppers

Bed 2:
Sweet Basil                                 Parsley

Carrots                                        Broccoli
                  
                       Cilantro

Garlic                                          Yellow Onion

Chives                 Onion              Green Beans

                      Cucumbers

                     Strawberries

Then in the surrounding outside areas of the bed we have 2 blueberry bushes, corn, 3 grape vines, & 2 blackberry bushes.  If it's not too late I have some watermelon seeds to plant.  Oh & a friend just gave me some left over sunflower seeds she had.  The kind that grow up to 12' tall & have edible seeds!!  I have 5 lavender bushes I planted out front. This is our first east coast attempt at a garden bed.  We did this back in California with great success.  Mostly tomatoes, various peppers, corn (fail - ants ate it), pumpkins (TOTAL SUCCESS!!) & some other things I know I am forgetting.  We also had an obnoxious apple tree that always over produced but made great fruit for baking.  I'll plant pumpkins late summer.  We planted them too early last time & had mega pumpkins in like August.  They apparently grow rather quickly.

Do you all have gardens?  If so, what did you plant?  Any seeds/plants you have had great success with or a total bust?
Boy 1 & 2 planting
Blueberry bush
Broccoli sprouts... aren't they so cute?!!










1 comment:

  1. I have only braved herb gardens. I was able to grow basil from seeds *once* successfully. I couldn't even get a tomato to grow successfully with the "topsy turvy". What a fiasco. Looks like you have a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete